Tuesday, March 24, 2009

YouTube - it's good, but it doesn't always work

In case you didn't know, I spend most of my life living in Thailand, and I am living there right now. And I like to use YouTube quite a lot while I'm here.

However, I find that every single day the YouTube system becomes unstable, and often completely unusable (as it is now, at the time of writing this blog post) between the hours of approximately 2.00pm and 6.00pm Thailand local time (GMT +7).

I have no problems accessing any other websites at these times, so it is clearly just a YouTube issue.

I suspect this might be because YouTube undertakes daily housekeeping of some sort each day between these times, which are late night/early morning times across the US where YouTube is based, and so for US users this daily "outage" does not present any real inconvenience.

Regardless of the actual reason, it's not very impressive, coming as it does from one of the web's and world's biggest companies - Google - the owners of YouTube (and also the owners of Blogger in which this blog is written). So.....

Sort it out please Google! Or are you not really bothered about providing a quality service in Thailand?

No comments: