Saturday, January 16, 2010

James Cameron's Avatar film

One of the wallpaper backgrounds from the 2009 movie "Avatar"

I saw James Cameron's "Avatar" in 3D in Bangkok's Siam Paragon IMAX cinema last week. Wow! Awesome! It was by far the best movie-going experience of my adult life, the first time I have been "totally knocked out" by a cinema trip since I saw the first Star Wars film at the age of 9 in 1977! And for Avatar to have that kind of impact on me at the age of 42 shows just how very, very, very, very, very good it is..... in 3D. I guess it would still be a truly great film in normal 2D, but in IMAX 3D it is just utterly amazing.

I went to see it a second time because I enjoyed it so much. I see there are some internet rumours that there might be two more Avatar movies in the future. I hope so - an Avatar trilogy would be brilliant. And I also see from the Box Office Mojo website that Avatar is now the number 2 movie of all-time worldwide having so far earned over $1.4 billion, second only to James Cameron's "Titanic" which earned $1.8 billion in 1997/98. So James Cameron knows a thing or two about making popular movies then!

Click here for some great free Avatar movie wallpaper backgrounds.

No comments: