Friday, May 07, 2010

An open letter to Google AdSense

Dear Google AdSense,

With reference to your recent "Inside AdSense" blog post about more countries receiving the Western Union payment option dated Tuesday April 20th, I am writing to ask you to please make the Western Union payment option available here in Thailand as soon as possible.

I am originally from England but I have lived in Thailand for 7 years. I cannot get my AdSense earnings paid to me here in Thailand (the check payment option is useless, Thai banks charge 15-20% to cash the checks), and so I have to get paid in England via my father's bank account, and then have to pay for that money to be sent here. This is not fair - it is time-consuming and costly.

I cannot understand why you have not yet provided the Western Union payment option for Thailand. You have made this payment option available in neighbouring Malaysia and nearby Vietnam, but not here! Why is that?

It doesn't make sense - Thailand is the USA's oldest and closest ally in South East Asia, and indeed US armed forces were recently over here for joint military exercises. So surely you, a US corporation, should be supporting Thailand more closely. Initiating the Western Union payment option here is the very best way for you to do that. :-)

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Peter J. Inns,
Thailand.

(Ref: Inside AdSense: More countries go Western Union)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is not a friendship problem the google adsense team is analyzing the most effective countries and other stuff.
so its far over from politics
anyway I'm also waiting this service in my country Algeria
so go luck to us on the next update